UA does not provide accommodation for students, but on this page, you will find some tips to guide you in your search. There are various types of accommodation in Angers, but you can avoid unnecessary stress by searching for accommodation as early as possible.
There are several housing solutions: a room at the student hall of residence with the Crous, a room at a private student hall of residence, a private rental (apartment or room), social housing, flatsharing, intergenerational shared housing, youth homes…
The demand for accommodation in Angers is very high in September. Start your search early and consider extending it to the neighbouring suburbs of Angers which are serviced by public transport:
- Beaucouzé and Saint Barthélémy d’Anjou are serviced by bus line 4
- Saint Sylvain d’Anjou and Trélazé are serviced by bus line 2
- Avrillé is serviced by the tramway and bus line 3
- Mûrs-Erigné is serviced by bus line 3
- Les Ponts-de-Cé is serviced by bus line 8
What there is to know
Your obligations when taking or leaving accommodation
In order to sign your rental agreement (bail) you will have to:
- Find a guarantor (or third party guarantee)
This is a natural or legal person who undertakes to pay the rent in the event of default by the tenant.
If you do not have a guarantor, the garantie visale can help you.
- Pay a security deposit
This is a sum of money requested upon entry to the rental and is intended to cover any possible damages. This sum is collected by the owner (loueur). It will be fully refunded by the owner within one month after the inventory of fixtures or upon return of the keys if the accommodation is returned without damage.
Locapass can provide an advance for the security deposit.
- Subscribe to a home insurance (assurance habitation)
The insurance contract covers your personal liability and protects your home and its content against risks (water damage, fire, theft, etc.). It is compulsory.
- Pay your rent (loyer) every month
You will receive a proof of payment (Quittance de loyer) when you pay your rent.
APL: (Aide Personnalisée au Logement) of the CAF can help you finance part of your rent.
You wish to leave your accommodation?
You will have to give notice: This is the period of time that a tenant must respect before leaving his or her accommodation. It is one month for a furnished rental and three months for an empty rented accommodation, except in large conurbations or tense areas.
Studapart : UA online housing platform
Are you a student at UA and looking for accommodation in Angers or elsewhere in France?
From the rental file to the reservation of accommodation, all the steps are carried out on the platform. To get started, whether you are a French or an international student, click on “Espace Locataire” and register either with your UA identifiers or with your personal email address (you will then have to provide the Housingua code or proof of admission to a course at the University of Angers).
The strengths of Studapart
- Personalized support throughout the stages of your rental (chat, email, telephone support).
- The Studapart guarantee: since it is difficult to rent without a guarantor in France, Studapart can act as guarantor for the entire rental period.
- Thanks to a partnership with Allianz, your file will be reinforced with all rental companies, on Studapart or elsewhere.
- The exclusivity of advertisements: access to a range of accommodation intended solely for the University of Angers community.
- Offers everywhere in France.
- A platform accessible in several languages.
You are the owner
To rent accommodation or a room to UA students, you can place your ad on the platform by clicking on « Espace Propriétaire ».
To be advised in your research
City of Angers
The City of Angers offers a housing guide. With its practical advice, the guide “My first accommodation” will help you in your first steps and throughout your rental. Consult the guide
The J, Angers connected youth informs young people aged 15 to 30 in all areas of daily life (jobs, studies, housing, leisure, etc.) and offers on its premises:
- precise and complete information, to help young people looking for accommodation by making available to them, in addition to the “My first accommodation” guide and the address directories, the list of consumer defense associations, the list of websites dedicated to information and the search for accommodation as well as a space for small ads from individual to individual… and whatever the problem, the J will be the relay to specialized structures…
- a personalized information service, Thursdays from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. provided by the Service Logement Jeunes (association housing young people David d’Angers) without appointment. (Information and help on finding accommodation, search techniques, housing budget, housing aid). The SLJ also receives from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Angers Loire Metropole
Accueil Logement – Angers Loire Métropole: this service of the Angevin conurbation informs and guides people looking for accommodation and those who encounter difficulties related to their accommodation.
- 83 rue du Mail, Angers
- Monday : 1.30 – 5.30 pm | Tuesday to Friday : 10 am – 12.30 pm / 1.30 – 5.30 pm
- 02 41 05 50 55 | email@example.com
A housing reception unit informs and guides you in your search for accommodation, from 1 September to 7 October 2022, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., at 8 Boulevard Beaussier.
Obtain accommodation in a Crous university residence
Students residing in France
The submission of an application via the Student Social File (DSE) must be made between January 20 and May 15 on the portal: Messervices.etudiant.gouv.fr
International exchange students
Contact the incoming mobility center at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions
I am not a scholarship holder, can I benefit from CROUS accommodation?
Yes. On the other hand, scholarship holders (depending on their level) are given priority during the award.
I am out of time to submit my request… what should I do?
Complete your application as quickly as possible by completing your DSE online and sending the requested supporting documents. If your request is not successful for the wishes you have made, a procedure for registering on the waiting list will be indicated to you.
My accommodation request has been accepted, what should I do?
The instructions for confirming your reservation are specified on your notification. This confirmation is to be made on the student life portal (link above). Please note that the confirmation time for your reservation is short!
Find a room in a hostel or private university residence
All over France
- The Adele.org: platform will help you find your private student or university accommodation all over France.
On the Belle-Beille Campus
- KLEY: offers fully equipped student housing from one-room studios to co-living (from three to nine rooms).
- Cap’Études: offers fully furnished apartments. (in French only)
- Les Belles Années – Cap Avenir: offers student housing from one-room studios to three rooms.
On Saint Serge Campus
- Studéa Saint Serge: offers fully furnished apartments from one-room studios to two-room apartments.
- International Student Residence Fac-Habitat: offers online rentas from one-room studios to three-room apartments.
- Résidence University de la Maine: offers housing from one-room of 14 m² to four-room shared apartments of 79 m². (in French only)
In and outside Angers
- Les Estudines: offers housing from one-room studios to three-room apartments.
- Résidence Athlétis in the adjecent city of Ponts-de Cé: offers housing from one-room studios to four-room apartments. (In French only)
- WestCampus Angers in Saint Barthélémy d’Anjou: offers one-room studios from 21m² to 28m².
You can also find a set of residences and hostels for students in the housing guide for the city of Angers.
Sites to find an apartment or a room with individuals
The list below contains websites of professionals or private individuals to help you find an apartment or a room in a private home. (In French only)
- Lokaviz: CROUS platform for student accommodation with a private individual.
- Smeb’habitat: Agency housing ads for students
- Bien Ici: Agency housing ads
- SeLoger: Agency housing ads
- Logic-Immo: Agency housing ads
- De Particulier à Particulier: Website for private ads
- Leboncoin: Website for private and sponsored ads
Be careful and remain vigilant! Some ads may be fraudulent.
Check out local adds for flat sharing on these websites :
Finding accommodation in intergenerational shared housing
Youth homes are a temporary solution for young workers, students, interns, etc. from the ages 16 to 30. See the list of youth homes in the Angers area.
URHAJ Pays de la Loire : This website offers accommodations in youth homes
or contact :
- Résidence Harmattan
The association Habitat Jeunes David d’Angers offers you a residence of 116 rooms near the city center of Angers.
- Foyer Justice
The association Habitat Jeunes David d’Angers offers you a 6 rooms in Angers.
- Foyer Cordelle
The association Habitat Jeunes David d’Angers offers you a 21 rooms in the center of Angers.
- Foyer David d’Angers
The association Habitat Jeunes David d’Angers offers you a 92 rooms in the center of Angers.
- Foyer Darwin
The association AFTAIB – Foyer Darwin offers you a residence of 119 rooms in Angers.
Sites for temporary accommodation
Some of you may be looking for temporary accommodation. Here are several tips that may be useful if you are looking for accommodation for a few days or weeks.
- HTH – Temporary accommodation in a private home
Live the experience of accommodation in a home! 15€ per night, up to 250€ per month (270€ winter month)
Aid for work-linked students
- Action logement : If you are on a work-study program, you can benefit from aid of €1,000 to settle in your accommodation. Please note that this aid is granted subject to budgetary availability.
- ViaHumanis : If you are alternating in a private company of +10 employees, and you have to move more than 70km from your current home, ViaHumanis offers solutions to support you in your search for housing.
- Aide MOBILI-JEUNE : this grant covers part of the rent (between €10 and €100 maximum) each month for a maximum of one year. It is aimed at young people under 30 years of age, in work-linked training (under an apprenticeship or professionalization contract).